Friday, January 2, 2009

CVS - Happy New Year!

Yesterday, New Year's Day, I went to CVS with my 4 year old daughter. She talked me into a few extra items that I wouldn't have bought, but overall I didn't do too badly.

I started with a few big coupons from various sources:
$3 off $15 via iheartcvs.com
a $25 gift card I received for a new prescription with a coupon via iheartcvs.com
$5 in ECB's from a prior transaction
$8.50 in ECBs: my local store has a card scanner in the front. If you scan your CVS card when you walk in it will print coupons. I got $8.50 in ECB's from my fall spending.

So right off the bat, I had a small windfall to work with. This is what I bought:
Pantene shampoo $3.50
Pantene conditioner $3.50
2 Secret deodarants @ 2/$5
2 Old spice Deodarants @ 2/$5
4 Kraft Easy Mac @$1 each = $4
2 Aussie Shampoos at 2/$7
Pampers Wipes $2.50
2 Colorwonder Crayola coloring books with markers on clearance for $3.25 each (not a planned purchase, but DD wanted them, and they were quite a good deal on clearance)
3 Tide Total Care @ $5.88 each
1 pampers easy ups at $9.99 each
8 Pack of Bounty Basic paper towels $5.88
1 Schick Intuition Razor and razor blade $8.99
1 Gillette shaving cream on clearance $1.30
2 Dawn diswashing bottles @ 2/$1.49
2 CVS brand anticavity rinse:
one was $4.49
second one was half off $$2.24
Cascade packs $6.49 (not a planned purchase! as the gel was much cheaper)
1 playschool baby wipes big pack $7.49

The first total was around $92 and I almost fainted! Then I gave the cashier my coupons and ECB's, which brought the total to $77.07! ACK! still too much! So I handed over my gift card, then the total was $52.07. I got $8 in ECB's back, but still I didn't realize I was going to spend so much.

I didn't add up everything before I went, and I did let my daughter talk me into about $15 more stuff than I had intended to buy.

But I do feel good about this transaction, since most of it was stuff we actually needed. Ok so I didn't need another razor or another deodarant, but I will never pay full price for that stuff again!

BTW I gave out toothpaste to my 3 sister in laws along with their CVS tote bags that I got them for Christmas. They were thrilled. I also gave them packs of Bic Soleil razors. I tried to give my sister some of my stockpile of contact lens solution, but she doesn't use it with her kind of contact lenses. I also made a small bag of toiletries for Linda, who works in the the distribution center of my company. Linda is raising her 3 grandkids, since her daughter and son in law were killed in a car crash about 10 years ago. I gave her toothpaste, razors, femine products, shampoo, a Glade candle, and some other things.

No comments: